Liver (Yakrit) commonly known as metabolic clearing house is the largest gland as well as the largest solid organ, which is only found in vertebrates, which carries out approximately 500 essential tasks that the body needs to survive. Liver is considered as the busiest organ in the body as it synthesizes proteins, detoxifies metabolites, metabolizes fats & carbohydrates, stores vitamins and minerals, filters blood, maintains immunity and various other functions, without which we cannot think of maintaining the equilibrium in our body.
Since liver performs many essential functions, one must ensure the best health of it as Liver re-grows and repairs itself rapidly if it is kept healthy.
Liver diseases or dysfunction is considered as serious concerns. There are hundreds of liver diseases depending on various causes and causative agents.
Did you know??
- Every year, worldwide around 2 million deaths account for liver diseases in which 1 million people die only due to liver cirrhosis and 1 million die due to hepatitis, fatty-liver and hepato-cellular carcinoma.
- Cirrhosis is 11th most common cause of death and within the top 20 causes of disability-adjusted life years.
- Approximately 2 billion people consume alcohol worldwide and about 75 million people of those are at risk of alcohol associated liver diseases
- About 400 million have diabetes and 2 billion people are overweight both of which are the top-rated risk factors for non-alcoholic fatty liver diseases (NAFLD) and hepatocellular carcinoma.
- The prevalence of non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) is an advanced form of NAFLD and 9-32% of Indian population suffers from fatty liver.
No need to worry
Livo Savior by Yukti Herbs is the ultimate solution that will help in various liver disorders. Livo Savior contains the combination of 5 hepatoprotective anti-inflammatory and immunomodulatory herbs that helps revitalize and maintain healthy liver and are very useful in consequent diseases like anemia, indigestion, gallstones etc. It’s a unique combination of Bhumiamla, Punarnava, which are likely to be active against Hepatitis B virus.
Types of Liver Diseases
- Acute: If the onset of symptoms does not exceed six months, then patient is said to have acute liver diseases.
- Chronic: If symptoms persist for more than six months, then patient is deemed to have Chronic Liver Diseases.
Causes of Liver Disease
- Excessive consumption of alcohol for long term. Alcohol abuse is the main cause of Liver Cirrhosis.
- Obesity, which causes Fatty Liver.
- High level of fats, particularly triglycerides in the blood.
- Diabetes or insulin resistance.
- Repeated episodes of heart failure with bile duct obstruction and liver congestion.
- Metabolic Syndrome i.e., combination of high blood pressure, diabetes, and obesity.
- Regular or long-term intake of certain drugs with excessive amount of acetaminophen (Tylenol) and medication like Vicodin, which contains acetaminophen.
- Tattoos or Body Piercing – Tattoos are the potential cause of spreading Hepatitis B and C virus. Main cause is needle that may be infected and involves the deep pricking in the epidermis layer of skin, which results in bleeding because not enough measure is taken to prevent transmission. But it is not the only reason the silent culprit is the imported ink that is used to make tattoos. Even if disposable gloves and new needle use every time but they dip the same needle in the ink bottle several times, this increases the chances of Hepatitis B and C transmission from infected people.
- Use of shared needle for injecting drugs
- Inherit disorder of copper and iron metabolism
- Exposure to body fluids and blood of other people
- Unprotected sex
- Toxins that are found in mushroom amanita phalloides, which is sometimes mistaken with the mushroom that is safe to eat.
- Carbon tetrachloride that can case acute liver failure or various liver diseases. Carbon tetrachloride is industrial chemical found in refrigerants and solvents for varnishes, waxes etc.
- 4 Types of Hepatitis i.e., the inflammation of liver identified by the scientist i.e. –
- Hepatitis A i.e., water borne and caused mainly by sewage and contaminated food and water
- Hepatitis B i.e., caused by use of infected blood and contact with infected vaginal secretion and semen
- Hepatitis C caused by direct blood to blood contact
- Hepatitis D caused by use of infected needle and blood transfusion
When to Take Livo Savior:
Indications: Fatty liver, Alcoholic liver diseases (ALD), Liver cirrhosis, jaundice, Hepatitis, Anemia and various other liver disorders.
Livo Savior with its anti-inflammatory, immunomodulatory, hepatoprotective property helps to cure various liver disorders. Therefore, if you are suffering from below mentioned symptoms then you must take Livo Savior.
- Poor appetite or loss of appetite
- Weight loss
- Itchy skin (Pruritis) – most common symptom of chronic liver diseases.
- Yellow skin and eyes
- Red palm
- Abdominal pain (mainly in upper right abdomen) and swelling (Ascites)
- Swelling of legs
- Breast enlargement in men (Gynecomastia)
- Web like cluster form under the skin. This cluster is made up of blood vessels.
- Encephalopathy i.e., mental changes may occur due to inability of liver to eliminate the chemicals that are toxic for brain. In some cases, comma may occur.
- Gastrointestinal bleeding which may occur due to increased pressure in intestinal blood vessels (Portal hypertension).
Facing Liver Problems?? Check out the best solution:
Blessing of 5 herbs that helps to cure liver diseases without any side effects.
Bhuiamla (Phyllanthus niruri)
Bhuiamla also known as ‘Poor man’s quinine’, helps in managing various liver disorders and reverses any damage caused to the liver, due to its hepato-protective, antioxidant and antiviral activities. There is old saying in Ayurveda- “As Lord Shiva slays demons with many heads to re-establish peace on earth, in the same way, Bhumiamla detoxifies the liver (Yakrit) by removing the demons of ‘Amavisha’ (toxic matter) and restores peace by nourishing the liver.” Bhuiamla has one of the bioactive compounds called phyllanthin, which is a lignan compound and is used in the treatment of many liver diseases as it helps in balancing Pitta, which is the major cause of liver disorders. Moreover, Phyllanthin has hepatoprotective and antioxidant properties that enhance both enzymatic and non-enzymatic antioxidants levels against aflatoxin B1-induced hepatic damage*.
Kalmegh (Andographis paniculata)
Kalmegh is generally known as the “king of bitters” and is reported as most efficacious in the protection of liver. The Ministry of Health of Thailand considered and included Kalmegh as one of the medicinal plants in “The National Drug List of Essential Drugs in 1999”, specifically for liver diseases.
Due to the presence of bio-active compounds like Andrographolide, and Diterpinoids in Kalmegh, it shows anti-viral, immuno-modulatory, anti-hepatitic, hepato-protective and antioxidant properties and gives promising results in liver diseases. It also shows anti-diabetic, cardio-protective and anti-lipidemic property and thus helps to get rid of the root cause and reduce the risk factor of liver diseases. Andrographis paniculata gives significant results in alcohol induced liver diseases.
Bhringraj (Eclipta alba)
Also called ‘False Daisy’ is considered as the best hepatoprotective by the Ayurvedic Pharmacopoeia of India. Bhringraj was reported to be the best drug for treating infective Hepatitis and Liver cirrhosis. Bhringraj is full of various active compounds like wedelolactone, ursolic acid, luteolin, de-methyl wedelolactone and saponins that have revealed hepatoprotective, snake venom neutralizing, anti-cancerous, anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties.
Bioactive compounds like wedelolactone, luteolin, oleanolic, apigenin and ursolic acids as well as luteolin form the basis of new drugs against liver disorders, gastrointestinal disorders like indigestion, skin diseases etc. These bioactive compounds improve the liver functions and exhibit the hepatogenic effect by acting on some liver enzymes and protein synthesis.
Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa)
Punarnava (hogweed), that means ‘brings back to life’ or ‘the reviver’ is good for liver due to its antioxidant property. Punarnava fights against free radicals that cause liver cell damage thereby shows hepato-protective property. Its major constituents are boerhavic acid, punarnavine, boerhaavic acid, iso-flavonoids, palmitic acid etc.
Due to the presence of isoflavanoides and Puarnavine in Punarnava, it possesses hepato-protective property mainly against drug induced liver degeneration i.e., acetaminophen-induced liver damage which may be mediated through antioxidant defenses. Punarnava stimulates the bile secretion that in result improves liver function and keeps it healthy.
It excretes extra bodily fluids and thus helps to reduce obesity the cause of liver diseases. Due to its boerhavic acid, it possesses anti-inflammatory and hypoglycemic property therefore use in diabetes, ascites, jaundice, congestive heart failure etc.
Kasani (Cichorium intybus)
Hindubar (Kasani), also known as Chicory is a perennial herb belongs to Asteraceae family. It is known as “Hand” in Punjabi language. Its root has 40% of insulin that reduces sugar and sucrose and is very suitable for a diabetic patient. Kasani is very useful in vitiated conditions of Pitta and Kapha and gives very good result in hepatomegaly, cephalalgia, insomnia, inflammations, anorexia, dyspepsia, gout, burning sensation, allergic conditions of skin, skin disease, leprosy etc.
Cichoric acid present in Kasani results in hepatoprotective activity. It produces maximum protection rate i.e., approximately 56.26% against the hepatocytes injury. It also gives significant result in non-alcoholic fatty liver diseases.
Dosage and how to take
One to Two capsules twice a day or as suggested by physician.
Best time to consume
Best time to consume Livo Savior is after meals two times a day with normal water.
Food to be taken/ Not to be taken (Pathya and Apathya):
Pathya (Foods to be taken)–
- Onions: Onions contain sulfur, which helps to remove various toxic and harmful substances such as alcohol, chemical drugs, environmental pollutants, and various pesticides
- Legumes: Legumes are full of important amino acids which help in detoxification of waste products of protein digestion i.e., ammonia. So, legumes like beans, peas, soyabean must be included in the diet of liver patient.
- Flaxseeds, olives, and avocados should be included in diet
- Include raw garlic and green tea in your diet
- Exercise: Get more exercise to relieve fatty liver
- Raw vegetables are high in fiber and vitamins and helps you to loose weight
- Water: More water helps liver and kidney to work more efficiently
- Curcumin is very effective in the treatment of liver disorders.
Apathya (Foods not to be taken) –
- Avoid intake of red meat
- Avoid milk and milk products like cheese, yoghurt etc.
- Quit smoking
- Avoid breathing in toxic fumes of paint, chemical product
- Avoid fast food made in palm and coconut oil.
- Include resistance exercise, aerobic or their combination in your daily routine for the management of non-alcoholic fatty liver diseases.
- Avoid negative emotions from your life. Practice yoga regularly, especially meditation that helps to reduce stress and helps in optimum liver function.
- Try to maintain proper weight as per your BMI
- Chose right fats for your diet. Include diet that consists of monosaturated fats and omega –3 fatty acids.
- Avoid fried foods
- Take vitamin E as its antioxidant properties help to protect liver by neutralizing the damage caused by inflammation.
- Avoid working at night as it causes severe circadian misalignment. A person working at night is feeding and active during normal rest phase and sleeping and fasting during normal working phase. According to a National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES), night shift work is the cause of hepatocellular injury and increases the likelihood of NAFLD by 66% in lean people not in obese.
- Avoid all situations that can lead to anger
- Minimize your alcohol consumption as it is the main cause of Liver Cirrhosis and it must be avoided even in small doses by the Pitta constitution people, especially in summer season.
- Regularize your feeding and sleep time as it helps in balancing Pitta in your body.
Livo Savior is an herbal formulation with no side effects but is advisable to consult your physician before you start using the product in these situations:
- In Conditions, which require special medical care